Singapore - Held last Friday at the HomeTeamNS-JOM Club House in Balestier, the 2018 Singapore Bike Show Media Briefing gave a sneak preview of what’s in store to the media and partners in attendance.
9tro was on-site to bring you the latest updates on what to expect when the mega two-wheeled event rolls in for its third edition from the 17th to 19th August 2018 at Singapore Expo Hall 5!
Featuring a myriad of two-wheeled vehicles on show, from motorcycles to scooters, and bicycles to e-scooters. Coming August, 2018 The Singapore Bike Show is all set to break records with its exciting exhibits and adrenaline-pumping live performances.
“Following the successful show in 2017 which had seen almost 55,000 visitors, we are expecting a 70,000 strong turnout this year,” said Mr Thomas Ang, Organiser of The 2018 Singapore Bike Show.
“This time round, we’re bringing in over 80 exhibitors who will showcase the latest vehicle models and all things related such as motoring accessories, lubricants, gadgets and apparels.” Mr Ang, added. Visitors to the show can expect a variety of new additions for their two-wheels, from performance-enhancing products to decorative pieces.
“International stunt riders are also joining us this year! Their performances will definitely make this year’s show even more exciting,” said Mr Ang. The two world-renowned stunt riders are Hiroyuki Ogawa from Japan and Julien
Welsch from France.
Apart from electrifying stunt shows, The 2018 Singapore Bike Show is introducing a new Race Queen Contest segment, visitors are free to practise their live photography skills as the contestants strive on stage for the winning title.
Fringe activities include the Power Sprinter Challenge, the participant who cycles the furthest or the fastest (60s per participant) will win top prize. The 2018 Singapore Bike Show will also host several keynote speakers who will share on their love of biking, their journeys to develop their hobbies into careers and the adventures they had on their beloved set of two-wheels.
The following are the speakers for 2018:
• Marc Ryan – New Zealand’s most experienced track cyclist who is a double Olympic medallist. He has participated in three Olympic Games, three Commonwealth Games and 13 World Championships. Marc is now a professional sporting coach based in Thailand.
• Sweetvarnvarn – A competitive bicyclist from Thailand who is also an actress, emcee, model, social media celebrity and columnist. Sweetvarnvarn shares her cycling milestones on social media where she has 100,000 Facebook fans and 90,000 Instagram followers.
• Azlan Shah – The first Malaysian to win the Suzuki 4-Hour Endurance Road Race, Azlan is one of Malaysia’s most illustrious motorcycle racers.
• Vaune Phan – Vaune is Pirelli Moto brand ambassador who has completed her motorcycling quest to the Mount Everest base camp.
• Juvena Huang – Singapore’s homegrown adventurer who has been travelling the world solo on her Vespa since 2015.
Lastly, towards ensuring a safer ride, the Traffic Police has organised Singapore Ride Safe 2018 in conjunction with The 2018 Singapore Bike Show.
The 2018 Singapore Bike Show
Dates & Time:
17th August 2018, Friday 10.30am-9.30pm
18th August 2018, Saturday 10.30am-9.30pm
19th August 2018, Sunday 10.30am-7.30pm
Admission to public is free
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5 (Exhibition and Forum)
Singapore Expo Carpark B (Outdoor Stunt Performances) * Day 2 & 3